Sunday, April 22, 2007

A morning walk



Some of the things Betsy (the best dog in the whole world) and I see on our morning walks.





Morning has broken, like the first morning





















Blackbird has spoken, like the first bird.
Praise for the singing, praise for the morning.
Praise for the springing, fresh from the Word.






















Sweet the rains new fall, sunlit from heaven,
Like the first dewfall, on the first grass.



































Praise for the sweetness of the wet garden,
Sprung in completeness, where His feet pass.



















Mine is the sunlight, mine is the morning
Born of the one light, Eden saw play
















Praise with elation, praise every morning
God's recreation of the new day



("Morning Has Broken" from a poem by Eleanor Farjeon,as sung by Cat Stevens)

6 comments:

sharecropper said...

What a lovely praise in pictures.

PseudoPiskie said...

Wonderful! A Monday joy.

KJ said...

Thanks for the pictures! Happy Monday!

June Butler said...

Pat, we notice the same things on our walks. Beautiful trees, flowers, the sky, the birds. I walk when the sun is setting sometimes, and I see gorgeous sunsets.

Saint Pat said...

Thanks for your comments.

God created this beautiful planet, rich in life and wild with color and movement, and intended for us to enjoy it. If we don't appreciate it, we'll lose it.

Sometimes I don't get out for a walk for a few days, and I then I remember what's so spectacular about the strolls Betsy (the best dog in the whole wide world) and I take. I'm blessed to live where so much is still fresh and natural.

pj said...

You gave me the chills. I like the chills. :)