Monday, July 05, 2004

The Complaints of Job

Job 23:2-4 (NIV)
Even today my complaint is bitter; his hand is heavy in spite of my groaning. If only I knew where to find him; if only I could go to his dwelling! I would state my case before him and fill my mouth with arguments.



A Cry to God

Where are you oh God who promised me life
then surrounded me with death
Where are you oh God who promised me hope
then dashed it on the stones
Where are you oh God who promised comfort
then left me alone and bereft.
Are you there?
Are you listening?
Do you mock my cries to you?
Or do you even hear them?
Am I just speaking to the wind?
Did I just imagine a God who loves me
because I need you so much?
Where are you where are you
What can I do
Where I can go
What can I do but search for you
beg mercy plead to be where you are
What else is there?

--Pat

No comments: