Wednesday, August 09, 2006

Welcome to the neighborhood



We welcome Toewalker at Musings of a Toe-Walker and Lisa at My Manner of Life to this neck of the blogosphere neighborhood.

These Missouri thorns in the right-wing side bring their lives, perspectives and dry wit with 'em.

We in the UnSaintly household particularly enjoyed this image:



You wouldn't expect a furor over something like this, but the Network Purity Police, Midwestern Division, jumped all over Lisa for posting it, accusing her of making racial slurs. Get a life, people.

The truth is, they were looking for something to complain about, without revealing their own prejudices. Thus, revealing their own prejudices.

You've got to admit, the term "Anglican Primates" does create a mental image of our closest relations (now I'll get hate mail from the Creationists) jumping around in robes and mitres!

Lisa and Toewalker have much more than this to say, both humorously and seriously. Check them out.

4 comments:

Toewalker said...

Thanks for the warm welcome, Pat, its nice to be in such good company.

Toewalker said...

... I meant to leave this comment last night. I am TOTALLY LOVING the pirate story. Please keep going, you have us all on the edges of our seats waiting for the next episode.

Jeffrey

Nancy said...

I love that picture. I've posted a link to this post on my site. (Hopefully I did it right and it actually works!) Thanks for sharing. Am enjoying the story too. Can't wait for the next installment!

Toewalker said...

Heya Nancy!

You did good, it works. Nice blog too!