The 'random facts' meme
Padre Mickey is at it again: spreading memes. He's a carrier!
So this one's in eights. Padre Mickey sez I have to follow the rules, which are:
1. I have to post these rules before I give you the facts.
2. Each player starts with eight random facts/habits about themselves.
3. People who are tagged need to write their own blog about their eight things and post these rules.
4. At the end of your blog, you need to choose eight people to get tagged and list their names.
5. Don’t forget to leave them a comment telling them they’re tagged, and to read your blog.
I don't know if there are eight random facts or habits about me that would actually be interesting, but here goes:
1. I can cuss worse than a sailor.
2. I have seen a UFO at least once, possibly twice. Don't know if they were extra-terrestrial, just "unidentified."
The first time was when I was just a kid, and I'm guessing what I saw was some new type of military aircraft with which I was unfamiliar -- we lived naval air stations. Whatever it was, it scared me, flying low, coming toward me one evening. I was only eight or nine.
The second time, I was an adult, here in Florida, and driving home from work one evening. It was still light outside. I had a clear, unobstructed view of the sky to the north of me. I saw something that looked like a huge silver disk arc across the sky very fast, then curve down maybe 20 miles to the north of me. I lost sight of it behind a line of trees near me.
Without knowing the object's size, it was difficult to determine its distance, but on the news that night was a story about numerous UFO reports around a town 20 miles to the north. I don't know what the disk was. It looked like no aircraft I've ever seen before, and it was too perfectly shaped and polished looking to have been a meteorite. It's trajectory didn't suggest that, either. It looked huge.
3. Speaking of stuff in the skies, I have a private pilot's license. I don't fly any more -- can't afford it -- but I'm proud of the fact I got it.
4. I like to chew on the bits of unpopped left popcorn in the bottom of the microwave bag. The dentist said this contributed to a missing filling and broken tooth. Bummer.
HELP I'M RUNNING OUT OF IDEAS
5. I have a bit of a thing for Johnny Depp. Maybe it's time for another Pirates saga.
6. I love a weekend where I can just lay around the house, read and watch movies.
7. More on sightings -- I've seen green lightning -- cool!
8. When I was younger, I almost applied for law school. Legal stuff still interests me. On the other hand, I'm getting an angel collection, between things I've bought, and gifts of ceramic and arts-and-crafty angels. I like them.
Okay, now for the tagging:
1. Brother Causticus at titusoneten
2. Share Cropper of 23 Acres of Black Dirt
3. Pseudopiskie of Mom Said Nobody Cares.
4. Caminante (but I can't post it on her blog -- no comment section.)
5. Ann of What the Tide Brings in
6. Doxy of Wormwood's Doxy
7. Hedwyg of Practicing Intentional Gratitude
8. MadPriest (Of Course, He Could Be Wrong)
I don't care if someone else beat me to it! Nyah, nyah, you're tagged! Don't blame me, blame Padre Mickey. Anybody I missed, sorry. Anybody who'd like to play but doesn't have a blog, I'll post it for you!