Tuesday, February 03, 2004

A plea for help

I just sent a letter to Presiding Bishop Frank Griswold through the Episcopal Church of the USA Web site. I don't know if it will get through the electronic hoops, so I am publishing it here as an open letter:

PLEASE FORWARD TO PRESIDING BISHOP FRANK GRISWOLD:

Dearest Reverend,

As a faithful Episcopalian in the Diocese of Central Florida, I am distressed by the actions of our diocesan convention. I cannot be part of the AAC network to which the diocese has subscribed.

There are many others in my parish and diocese who feel the same way I do. We are looking to the national church for help and guidance.

I do not want to leave the Episcopal Church, but I'm being forced out of it by my diocese and my rector, who are intent on the AAC program.

I need to know about alternatives -- alternatives other than leaving the denomination. Is there a way for us to obtain alternative episcopal oversight from the Episcopal Church USA, either individually or as part of a group?

Please advise what we should do.

Let me add my admiration of your poise and your example of Christ in the face of personal attack by those who disagree with you. You set an example for us all.

Yours in Christ,
Pat

No comments: