Saturday, February 03, 2007

A collect for evening prayer



For all the hurting, the grieving, the lost, the homeless, the needy who are suffering in tonight's chilly air, and all the workers who seek to help them:

Keep watch, dear Lord, with those who work, or watch, or weep this night, and give your angels charge over those who
sleep. Tend the sick, Lord Christ; give rest to the weary, bless the dying, soothe the suffering, pity the afflicted, shield the
joyous; and all for your love’s sake. Amen.


From the Book of Common Prayer, "Daily Evening Prayers" Rite 2.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I really liked this and the Julian of Norwich posting. I ran across you blog on Jake+. I'm very glad I did.

I'll be checking in more frequently.
God's peace,
BobinWashPA

Saint Pat said...

Thanks, Bob!